FAQ about custom made stuffed animal plush toys
01. What do you need to make a custom made plush product for me?
02. What is the minimum order quantity and why?
03. What about the quality and product safety issue?
04. What about trademarks and copyrights? How do I know you won't produce my design to anyone else?
05. What about prototyping? Do you charge for making a prototype?
06. How soon you can finish a prototype?
07. If I am not happy with the outcome of the prototyping, can I ask for some amendments?
08. How soon you can have my bulk order produced and delivered?
09. Do I have to worry about importing the goods myself?
10. What are your payment terms?
01. What do you need to make a custom made plush product for me? ^
We need a simple hand sketch, or a graphic design, or a photograph, or a physical prototype from you.
02. What is the minimum order quantity and why? ^
Our minimum order quantity is depending on the size and the complexity of the product.
(i) If the plush material required is less than our minimum order quantity, it could be too small to be economically produced by the plush material manufacturers. For your information, there are hundreds of thousands of plush toy factories but there are only a handful of plush material manufacturers in China. Almost all of them are multi-million dollars manufacturers using computerized automatic machineries that require a certain minimum order quantity to operate.
(ii) A plush toy factory will need to organize a production team to produce the toys on day-to-day basis. If the quantity is too small, the whole production team's time will be wasted. For example, suppose it is 8 hours per working day, if it takes only 6 hours to finish a certain quantity then the rest of 2 hours of the whole team will be wasted.
(iii) The products will be better protected during the transportation by a full container shipping.
(iv) There is a minimum charge on export/import handling by freight forwarders, customs brokers, local trucking companies, etc. A shipment less than a full container will not be economical for buyers.
Therefore, as a rule of thumb, the minimum order for a project should be at least a 20' or a 40' container to make sure your final unit cost will be competitive in the market and your products are well protected during ocean freight shipping.
03. What about the quality and product safety issue? ^
Our products not only meet with but also in fact exceed the EN71 (CE for Euro) and ASTM F963-11 (USA) standards. Official lab test reports are available upon request. Typically these reports, conducted by well-known international lab testing companies such as SGS (www.sgs.com), cost around $500 per test depending the depth of the testing. We don't recommend our costumers to spend their money on these reports, but they are available. The plush toy industry is a mature industry. Our associated factory is one of a few major suppliers of a high-end gift chain in USA. We are also familiar with and are paying our best attention to the safety regulation set by CPSC. The last thing you need to worry about is this issue if you are doing business with us.
04. What about trademarks and copyrights? How do I know you won't produce my design to anyone else? ^
US laws protect all your trademarks and copyrights. The consequences of infringing those laws are quite serious (up to five years in prison). We are a US corporation. We have been doing business in this great country since 1983.
05. What about prototyping? Do you charge for making a prototype? ^
Yes, we charge a deposit of $200 to $300 (depending on the complexity and size) for developing a prototype. However, this money will be credited back to you once you place the bulk order in the future. This is our way to separate serious buyers from others. You can imagine what would happen if we were to offer free prototypes.
06. How soon you can finish a prototype? ^
Normally, it takes up to two weeks to have a prototype made. However, in order to save time, although we will choose the right materials to make the prototype, we may have to use the substitute colors of the same materials to produce the prototype. So you can confirm the style as soon as possible. The right colors of the materials will be custom-ordered as soon as you have placed your firm order. In this case, you will have another chance to confirm the colors after you have placed the firm order but before the factory starts the mass production.
07. If I am not happy with the outcome of the prototyping, can I ask for some amendments? ^
Yes, we can make two amendments without extra charge.
08. How soon you can have my bulk order produced and delivered? ^
In normal cases, it takes 90 - 120 days to have your order mass-produced and delivered to your door step. However, it is also depending on the season. It can be faster in the regular season or slower during the peak season. From April to November is our peak production season. December to March is our regular season.
09. Do I have to worry about importing the goods myself? ^
No, we offer a door-to-door service. We'll import the merchandise for you and have them delivered to your doorstep. We can offer you an all-inclusive price. It will cover everything including merchandise production, ocean freight, customs clearing fees, import duty & tax, and domestic delivery from Los Angeles to your shipping address. The only things you will need to worry about are selling your products and carrying your money to the bank.
10. What are your payment terms? ^
Since the products are custom made for you, we are not able to sell them if you don't take them. So we ask for a 50% to 100% deposit (the more personalized the product the higher the deposit) to confirm your order. If it is a 50% deposit, then the other 45% balance is due against the copy of the Bill of Lading to prove that your order is on board of a vessel heading for L.A.'s port of entry. It only takes around 2 weeks for a vessel to arrive L.A. port. The final 5% balance due as soon as the merchandise arrived your door step.